- PLTW Alumni Association: If you have successfully completed two PLTW courses in high school, you are invited to join the PLTW Alumni Association. Membership is free. As a PLTW Alumni Association member, your benefits include the following opportunities: Join Here
- Networking with other alumni
- Taking on a leadership role with the PLTW Alumni Association Advisory Board
- Participating in professional development opportunities
- Being a mentor or finding a mentor
- Serving as a speaker or panelist at PLTW events
- Receiving the PLTW Alumni Association newsletter regarding job listings, internships, scholarships, and volunteer opportunities
- Networking with industry professionals
- Accessing alumni-specific merchandise in the PLTW online store, ShopPLTW
- STEM Premier: STEM Premier is a cradle to career online platform solution that assists students in designing a career pathway, educators in recruiting top talent to their schools and employers in developing a stable, continuous talent pipeline. STEM Premier is the first online platform for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) that allows students to showcase their STEM skills and helps to close the talent gap that exists in the STEM fields.
How to Join:
- Go to http://my.pltw.org and click on the STEM Premier link – student must be rostered by their PLTW Program!
- You will be taken to a special webpage
- What exactly is it…kinda looks like a LinkedIn for students/colleges.
- Pretty much, but is it designed with the student in mind. They will have access to colleges and industry; kind of a matchmaker for these audiences.
- Students have the ability to showcase their skills and talents through personal profiles that connect them directly to colleges, technical schools, companies and corporations seeking STEM talent. STEM Premier provides support and resources needed to guide students throughout their educational career and into the global workforce. Specifically, PLTW students will receive the following benefits:
- Comprehensive, individual student profile that allows students to showcase their skills and talents including certifications, awards, PLTW courses, PLTW End of Course Assessment scores, community service and more, in both digital and print format;
- Personalized guidance services to help each student identify his or her career path through interests;
- Access to internships, scholarships, events and industry-specific opportunities;
- Promotion of academic and technical achievements;
- Ability to connect with post-secondary institutions and corporations;
- Opportunities to be rated and ranked (for high school students); and
- Badging opportunities.
Great Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_kdoNye0c
Also attached “How Students Can Create a Profile on STEM Premier”
- What is special about the PLTW version? It’s free to anyone, is the PLTW one an “upgrade”?
- STEM Premier is providing its Premium level service at no cost to PLTW middle and high school students (ages 13 and older) who are currently enrolled in, or have completed a course within PLTW Gateway, PLTW Engineering, PLTW Biomedical Science, and/or PLTW Computer Science. This is a savings of $36/year per student. This gets them access to Exclusive Benefits including: exclusive scholarships, get rated & ranked and top student recognition.
- Do I have access to my student’s profiles so I can see them?
- Finding and nurturing specific talents and skills in students can be one of the greatest joys in teaching. Teachers who are invited by students to be mentors on STEM Premier have the ability to view and suggest resources that help foster students’ talents, and enhance a student’s profile. Teachers can use information from students’ profiles along with free resources, including scholarship and competition information, to help students set learning goals and identify activities to demonstrate student talent. Armed with this information, teachers can help students make choices and decisions that lead them to a meaningful and satisfying career aligned with their talents and interests.