Hello UK CT Participants!
Welcome to University of Kentucky for summer 2017 Core Training!
Readiness Training: Before coming for Core Training, everyone must complete the Readiness Training by logging into your account at my.pltw.org. There are some videos to watch, quizzes to take, and software to install to successfully complete Readiness Training.
Orientation: Orientation is at 8:00 am on Monday (1st day of class) in 203 RGAN (Ralph G. Anderson) building (RGAN is in Engineering building complex). Soon after the short orientation session, classes will start. Ralph G. Anderson building on Google map: Click here
Class Schedule: Classes are from 8am to 5 pm daily with a 1 hour lunch break.
Software Installation: Installing software is a part of your readiness training. We will be asking you to confirm when you walk in the door that you have administrative rights and have installed the correct software for your course. List of needed software
Bring the following to class: Laptop that meets program specifications; Laptop Charger, Writing Utensils,Flash Drive
Parking: On the 1st day, park in structure/garage #5. If the gate is closed, pull a ticket and gate will open. Bring that ticket to the orientation and we will provide you a free parking pass to use to exit the garage. We will give you instructions at the orientation where to park the rest of the days for your training. We encourage all participants and instructors to carpool, if possible, since parking spaces are limited on campus.
South Limestone Garage (Parking Structure #5) Address: 409 South Limestone 40506 (entrances on South Limestone and Upper Street). Link to Google Map: Click here
Transportation: Transportation for training will be the responsibility of participants. There is no shuttle service from the airport/hotel to campus.
Dress Code: Biomedical Sciences classes require long pants. Jeans are acceptable. No sandals, flip flops, or open-toe shoes. Engineering courses – shorts, skirts are fine.
- Breakfast: Free breakfast is available at the hotel.
- Lunch: We will provide you a meal card to use to eat lunch around campus.
- Dinner: Dinner is on your own.
- Holiday Inn Express, 100 Export Street, Lexington, KY. 859-389-6800
- -Lodging for July training is in Holiday Inn Express for those who have requested lodging.
- -Everyone will have their own room. Your family is welcome to stay with you without any extra cost. Hotel may ask for your credit card for incidentals.
- Hotel room will be available to check-in by 3:00pm on Sunday before class start date. Check-out will be in the morning before coming to the last day of classes . There’s a storage space in hotel to store your luggage or you can bring luggage to campus.
- Instructors will also be staying in the same hotel where participants in each class are staying. We have a meeting room at the hotel to do evening homework.
- Payments Purchase Order (PO) or Check must be received before training starts. We don’t accept credit/debit cards.
- **If your school has a need to postpone the payment to July 1 to use next fiscal year fund, ask your billing person to email us at email@example.com.
CT Website: Core training details are on our website at: http://www.pltwky.org/core-training/.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to hosting you this summer!