University of Kentucky 2014 Summer Core Training
Core Training registration will open on March 7, 2014. Teachers who have completed their registration will receive access to readiness training on April 15.
Session 5: 7/6-7/18 (2 weeks session)
- IED – Introduction of Engineering Design (18 seats)
- DE – Digital Electronics (18 seats)
- CEA- Civil Engineering and Architecture (18 seats)
- PBS – Principles of Biomedical Sciences (18 seats)
- MI – Medical Interventions (7 seats)
Session 5: 7/7-7/11 (1 week session)
- GTT-DM: Design and Modeling (7 seats)
Session 6: 7/14-7/18 (1 week session)
- GTT-AR: Automation and Robotics (7 seats)
Session 7: 7/20-8/1 (2 weeks session)
- POE – Principles of Engineering (18 seats)
- CSE- Computer Science and Software Engineering (18 seats)
- CIM – Computer Integrated Manufacturing (18 seats)
- EDD- Engineering Design and Development (7 seats)
- HBS – Human Body Systems (18 seats)
- BI – Biomedical Innovation (7 seats)
Session 8: 7/28-8/1 (1 week session)
- GTT-MD: Medical Detectives (7 seats)
- For 2 week sessions: Register by Apr 30: $2400.00; After Apr 30: $2800.00. Graduation dinner and parking and lunch included.
- For 1 week sessions: Register by Apr 30: $1200.00; After Apr 30: $1500.00. Parking and lunch included
Fees and cancellation policy:
- For 2 week sessions: Cancel May 1st or later: Refund less a $500.00 Processing Fee. After June 1st no refunds.
- For 1 week sessions: Cancel May 1st or later: Refund less a $400.00 Processing Fee. After June 1st no refunds.
A limited number of rooms are available for lodging. Lodging will be provided on a first come first serve basis.
- For 2 week sessions: Lodging: $1400.00; Daily breakfast included. Nightly dinner not included. Weekend lodging & breakfast is available for extra $280.00 for 2 nights.
- For 1 week sessions: Lodging: $700.00; Daily breakfast included. Nightly dinner not included.
- For 3 day sessions: Lodging: $420.00; Daily breakfast included. Nightly dinner not included.
Summer Core Training – More Details
- Teachers must register with PLTW online, complete the online teacher assessment, and register online for Core Training.
- Teachers from a state that has an Affiliate must attend that center, provided the course desired is available. If a teacher has extenuating circumstance which make it impossible to attend Core Training in his or her respective state, the teacher must contact his or her state’s Affiliate Director to request the necessary changes.
- Teachers from a state without an Affiliate may attend any Affiliate for training.
- Course offerings are dependent upon enrollments. If there is insufficient enrollment, the course may be cancelled. Decisions regarding course offerings will be determined three weeks prior to the start of Core Training by the Affiliate.
- Affiliates reserve the right to cancel any class if enrollment is inadequate. Please contact the institution for class confirmation prior to making travel arrangements.