University of Kentucky 2013 Summer Core Training
Session 1: June 3-14, 2013 (2 weeks session)
- CEA – Civil Engineering and Architecture
Session 1A: June 3-7, 2013 (1 week session- GTT units)
- GTT-GAEE: Green Architecture and Energy and Environment
Session 1B: June 10-14, 2013 (1 week session- GTT units)
- GTT-MEFS: Magic of Electrons and Flight and Space
- GTT-AR: Automation and Robotics
Session 2: June 17 – June 28, 2013 (2 weeks session)
- CIM – Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- DE – Digital Electronics
- PBS – Principles of Biomedical Sciences
- BI – Biomedical Innovation
Session 3: July 8 -19, 2012 (2 weeks session)
- IED – Introduction of Engineering Design
- POE – Principles of Engineering
- HBS – Human Body Systems
- MI – Medical Interventions
Session 3A: July 8-12, 2013 (1 week session- GTT unit)
- GTT-DM: Design and Modeling
Session 3B: July 15-19, 2013 (1 week session- GTT unit)
- GTT-MDST: Medical Detectives and Science of Technology
- For 2 week sessions: Register Mar 15 – Apr 30: $2400.00; After Apr 30: $2800.00
- For 1 week sessions: Register Mar 15 – Apr 30: $1200.00; After Apr 30: $1500.00
Fees and cancellation policy:
- Cancel May 1 or later: Refund less a $500.00 Processing Fee. After June 1 no refunds.
Room and Board:
For 2 week sessions:
Lodging: $1400.00; Breakfast daily, lunch daily, and Graduation Dinner included. Parking daily included. Weekend lodging & Breakfast = $200.00. Nightly dinner not included.
For 1 week sessions:
Lodging: $700.00; Breakfast daily, lunch daily, and Graduation Dinner included. Parking daily included. Nightly dinner not included.
Summer Core Training - More Details
- School Districts must have a completed School District Agreement for teachers to participate in the Core Training.
- Teachers must register as a teacher with PLTW online, complete the online teacher assessment, and register online for Core Training.
- Teachers from a state that has an Affiliate must attend that center, provided the course desired is available. If a teacher has extenuating circumstance which make it impossible to attend Core Training in his or her respective state, the teacher must contact his or her state’s Affiliate Director to request the necessary changes.
- Teachers from a state without an Affiliate may attend any Affiliate for training.
- Course offerings are dependent upon enrollments. If there is insufficient enrollment, the course may be cancelled. Decisions regarding course offerings will be determined three weeks prior to the start of Core Training by the Affiliate.
- Affiliates reserve the right to cancel any class if enrollment is inadequate. Please contact the institution for class confirmation prior to making flight arrangements.
Summer Core Training Registration Instructions
- In order to register for any Summer Core Training, your school must have submitted their signed school agreement to Project Lead The Way, Inc. and you must be a registered Project Lead The Way® teacher.
- If you are a new teacher and wish to register, you will need to contact UK Affiliate’s Office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to request an invitation to register.
- Once you receive your invitation to register, you will be able to log in.
- Before you can register for a Summer Core Training, you must first take the pre-assessment for the PLTW® course you will be attending this summer You will find the pre-assessments on the PLTW® Virtual Academy. Note that you will NEED TO BE A REGISTERED TEACHER through the process above before you will be able to gain admittance to the Virtual Academy.The pre-assessments are available on the Virtual Academy:Engineering site. You may take the pre-test at any time prior to registration.
- Following passage of the pre-test, you will be given directions to register for the class you wish to take. The national site contains all the information you will need to sign up for the class.